Tuesday, October 22, 2013

And The Best Burger In Town Is...

It takes a lot of heart, time and chutzpah to put your personal stories out there for anyone to read (or judge).  In the beginning, I really questioned if blogging was for me.  In fact, I still get butterflies when hitting "publish" on some pieces.  That's why I am incredibly thankful to hear when something I've shared touches enough to leave a mark.  It happened most recently when I was asked by a reader to donate something cool to an auction benefitting a very young girl with cancer.  I was happy to do so, and while I am hopeful that my gift will make even the tiniest difference in the life of that wonderful family, selfishly I am grateful to the reader for giving me the opportunity to help make a difference.

My girls say (oooover and over again) that sharing is caring... and it really is.

So, when "Great Moments in Parenting" asked me to share, I jumped at the chance...


"I love it when busy weekends are capped off with early bath-time and a movie on Sunday nights. That’s exactly where we were headed yesterday when I made (or at least reheated) dinner for my daughters, ages three and five.
As they sat with partitioned plates, using their favorite forks to dip pieces of hamburger into gobs of ketchup larger than their heads, I was excited to rest my feet and join them. But as I sat down with my own burger, dressed properly on a bun, I could practically see the mouth on my youngest begin to water..."
To hear what happened, visit Great Moments in Parenting.