Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My New Office Has A Secret Stash of Holy Water


There are many perks to working as a freelance television producer, one of which is the ability to work with many fascinating people in different offices throughout your career.  Ironically, one of the downsides is also the ability to work with many fascinating people in different offices throughout your career.

I am usually a good judge of character, but when I started this new gig* a few weeks ago, my initial assessment of the office environment left me running for the unemployment office. 

* (a gig is a job in the entertainment industry, but also an acronym for the Gluten Intolerance Group)

First, there was this.



Then, this.



I started to question-- you kiss your mother, life partner, boyfriend, girlfriend, boss & sugar momma all with that mouth?



Then finally, something positive.


Thank God.  They have bagels.

But, the best was yet to come.  As a producer excused herself from my office to run and grab a Holy Water, I watched her step over into a supply closet, and exit with the aforementioned Diet Coke.  As it turns out, thankfully, the kitchen wallpapered with passive aggression was for a different show.

I am excited about my new project, it's staff, and it's makeshift kitchen.  Can't wait to share more of it with all of you.