Monday, April 23, 2012

Mr. Dick Clark, Kevin Bacon & Me


I am incredibly saddened by the fact that the older our children become, the harder it will be for them to play The Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Honestly, I have never struggled with Kevin Bacon-ing myself.  I even have options.

Option 1:
My sister’s favorite elementary school teacher went to her high school prom with Kevin Bacon.  Total home run.


Option 2:
While living in LA, I lived right next door to Anthony Denison, who starred in The Closer with Kyra Sedgwick, who is married to Kevin Bacon.

Option 3:
Lastly, I share a shoe closet with Sarah Jessica Parker, who starred in Footloose with the Baconator.  (Ok… that is a blatant lie, but the connection I most wish was legit.)

In keeping with the true nature of the game, the idea is to connect people in the entertainment industry to Kevin Bacon via their film roles.  Seeing as I have had a limited number of appearances on camera, this becomes a bit more difficult.  But I can do it.

One of my first jobs in Los Angeles was on a talk show called The Other Half, and I was often used as the guinea big during a makeover or fashion show.  At the height of my on-camera career, I did a fabulous bit with Carrot Top.  No joke.


(Moving on...)

Dick Clark was a co-host on that show, and I was honored to share a stage with him.  Interestingly, he is also the key to my Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.  Here’s how.

Option 4:
I was on The Other Half with Dick Clark.


Dick Clark was in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind with George Clooney.

George Clooney was in The Thin Red Line with Sean Penn…



... and Sean Penn was in Mystic River with Kevin Bacon.

Thanks for the memories, Mr. Clark.  And, thanks for giving me one of Hollywood’s Sexiest Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon!