Friday, May 25, 2012

I'm So Glad Phillip Phillips Won But This American Idol Moment Gave Me Nightmares


I couldn't sing the phone book if Randy Jackson paid me too.  Hell, I can barely sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" without toddlers booing me.  Therefore, my critiques of the musical performances on American Idol hold absolutely no weight.  But a wedding proposal?  [insert record scratch here]

Maybe it's because I had a front row seat for this...  (OK, clearly it was second row, but still.)


Jake & Vienna in Saint Lucia

Or this...
Jillian with Ed, Kiptyn & Reid in Maui

Or, maybe it's because despite not seeing their proposal first hand, I saw these two fall in love and then helped them plan the wedding of a lifetime...

(Cut me some slack people... I gave birth exactly 29 days later)

But I do feel entitled to have an opinion on your wedding proposal- especially if it broadcast on live television.  For that reason, I have not been able to get this image out of my head for the last 24 hours.


So while I mean not one iota of disrespect to Sir Ryan Seacrest, I must apologize in advance to Diana DeGarmo and Constantine, I mean, Ace Young.

First things first.  It just me or does this not look like a skit from SNL?

(Dear @Possessionista, the question is rhetorical, but WTF is she wearing??)
Then, I put the terrible wardrobe, product placement and "butt mistaken for cheek" implants aside and looked for the beauty... the romance... the connection...  But all I kept seeing was Ryan Seacrest wondering:

WHO THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE?
KL, Out.