Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Even Jason Priestley Has Hoes in Different Area (& Zip) Codes


I can’t drive by this:


Without thinking of this:


The gang has been on my mind even more lately, as Jason Priestley’s children are in summer camp with my 4 year old daughter.  We totes hang.  I mean, not together, but on the same playground.  I am wearing my acid washed denim jacket all over again, and I love it.

My zip code is a hike from the 90210, but any woman my age who won’t admit that at some point she wished she lived there, or dated Dillon McKay, or wanted Kelly’s hair, or drove Steve’s car, or shouted "Donna Martin Graduates!" or had Brenda’s.... (I’m stumped, but you get the point) is lying.

But, you don’t need to have your personal assistant print the famous zip code on your Black: American Express statement to feel like a welcomed part of the Peach Pit crowd.  Babies lucky enough to have been born on September 2, 2010 will be writing 9/02/10 on documents for decades to come.

(I have no idea when this child was born but would love to find out, because I've got a feeling he's a Virgo)
Then I realized that tons of dates mimic postal codes.  So I googled the date of my discovery, 7/10/12.  The postal code that came up was for Rodi Garganico, in the Italian city of Foggia, less than 100 miles from Panni, where I took this very photograph:


I visited the tiny mountain town with my family so I could experience firsthand and forever remember the village my father-in-law left behind (in geography only) to raise his family in America.  Thank God that he did...

I hope encouraged you to waste a bit of time googling numbers today... If you discover anything cool, let me know.